Seeking: Murals Outreach Volunteer
Tuesday October 31, 2023
The Beltline Urban Murals Project (BUMP Festival) is a city-wide street art festival reimagining public spaces through the visual arts and expanding the capacity of the local arts community.
Since 2017, BUMP Festival has installed 180+ murals in the Beltline and beyond.
Community engagement, specifically with property owners and REITs, is integral to ensuring our festival’s success. BUMP installs murals at no cost to Beltline property owners to improve the area’s vibrancy and provide a platform for artists to paint with minimal restrictions.
We’re seeking an outgoing volunteer to support our programming by locating potential mural walls and conducting property owner outreach.
Specific tasks include:
- Exploring the Beltline and taking photos of potential mural walls
- Distributing informational materials
- Collecting property owner information and conducting outreach in person, by email, or by phone
- Documenting property owner and building information in Google Sheets
Skills & Assets
- Comfortable making phone calls
- Familiarity with the Beltline
- Access to a bicycle or vehicle
- Basic understanding of Gmail and Google Sheets
- Outgoing and personable
- Genuine interest in public art and community building
This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the BUMP Festival and the Calgary arts community in a meaningful and impactful way. Property owner outreach directly impacts the shape of our festival and is a fun way to explore the Beltline while connecting with the community.
This position requires 1-3 hours per week, depending on the volunteer’s interest and availability.
Please apply using the following link: https://forms.gle/WVaXzfMSxeWAo2FX9
If you have any questions, feedback or require support, please contact Anna MacLaren, Murals Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org