BUMP DRIVE DAY 4: ENGAGING CULTURAL PROGRAMMING
Monday November 27, 2023
BUMP Festival hosts free, all-ages events programming each year to celebrate new public artworks and highlight urban spaces for Calgarians and visitors alike. Despite being big fans of the mural work, many of you are also dedicated fans of our events – we see you! Overall, our events had over 9,000 visitors across 12 different events and 10 unique venues. For 2023, we collaborated with The Establishment Brewing Company to bring you a selection of beverages including the collaborative ‘Meet Me in the City’ pilsner, at each BUMP event.
In this year’s festival, we were able to bring more local arts organizations into the fold than ever before. Some of our key collaborators included CJSW, Contemporary Calgary, Quickdraw Animation Society, and the New Gallery. In total, 59 incredible volunteers helped with various roles at the festival, totalling over 900 hours of service.
To jumpstart the Festival, we hosted our annual Graffiti Jam at the recently renovated High Park. We packed the house with activities including incredible sounds courtesy of the Back and Forth YYC crew, hosting 6 graffiti mural installations by talented graffiti writers, an artist’s market with 4 local creators, and a 3-on-3 basketball tournament on our brand new half courts. To close out the festival, we brought the fabled Alley Party back with an incredible line-up headed by Toronto’s dancehall and electronic auteur, BAMBII.
In 2023, the BUMP Festival:
- Engaged over 9,000 visitors over 12 unique events in the month of August
- Showcased 6 talented local graffiti artists at our High Park Graffiti Jam
- Provided over 200 attendees with guided, educational mural tours
- Activated 4 mural sites through BUMP UP’s
- Hosted 2 Artist Talks nights featuring BUMP artists at Contemporary Calgary
- Presented an epic outdoor screening of DUNE under the stars at High Park
- Hosted a packed-to-capacity downtown Alley Party featuring BAMBII, a rising force in Canadian electronic music.
- Built relationships with 13 non-profit organizations across the city to create a more connected and enriching arts ecosystem in Calgary
Please give today to the 2023 BUMP Drive, running till November 30! Your generous gift will help transform our city!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
1) DONATE TODAY! Help us reach our fundraising goal of $10,000 so we can engage better, inspire more, and improve our events programming year after year.
2) Spread the word! Please share the 2023 BUMP Drive with your friends and family! And don’t forget to share what you love about the BUMP Festival, including your favourite artists, murals or events!