24 Aug Week 4️⃣🍀: Your Weekly BUMP Festival Update! 🎨🎶
Time flies! Week 3 of the BUMP Festival is a wrap, and a very stacked Week 4 is looming. Here’s what we got up to:
- We sat down with bb iskwew, John F. Ross, Cassie Suche and Rhys Farrell for our fourth Artist Talk at Contemporary Calgary – watch it here!
- Dr. Space, Dr. Dance and DJ BLKFT soundtracked another great evening in Central Memorial Park before we sat down to watch Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on the big screen
- Harneet, Ravina and Zoe; John F. Ross and Kerzeka finished their walls
- Sarah Houle-Lowry; MEDIAH; Cassie Suche and Rhys Farrell; and bb iskwew and Kamâmak have started painting…
- …and we announced Tiffany Lynn Cuffley, Stare and birdO, who have also started painting across Downtown Calgary!
Thank you to everyone who braved the weather and hung out with us on Saturday. BUMP wouldn’t be what it is today without that trademark Calgary community spirit 🤠✨
We had a great time listening to some tunes and catching “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” at Central Memorial Park on Saturday!
Here’s what’s on the menu for Week 4:
birdO and Stare, our newest additions to this year’s roster, have already started painting across Downtown Calgary. Believe it or not, we have even more artists starting this week, including
- International muralist of mystery Emmanuel Jarus
- Unofficial graffiti mayor of Toronto Bacon
- Another talented trio – the FilipinX Kasaganaan Artist Collective
- and notorious Western Canadian writer Moe Dawg
It’s enough mural action to make your head spin. Keep your eyes peeled on our feeds for exciting announcements, and don’t forget to check the mural map on the Festival website for the latest on each of our 19 artists-to-date 👀
John F. Ross is putting the finishing touches on his piece on the west end of the Beltline.
We started things off with a bang at Contemporary Calgary yesterday with the sold-out presentation of Martha: A Picture Story! The pace is only picking up from here – read on and discover a buffet of visual art for you to feast your eyes on 🍖🍔🍕👀
The third tour of the 2021 BUMP Festival hops between the Beltline and Downtown exploring 26 murals (13 from this year!) through alleys newly transformed into open-air urban art galleries. See works being painted at impressive new heights in Calgary!
- 🎨🗣️ Artist Talk #5 w/ Sarah Houle-Lowry, Bacon, Moe Dawg – Wednesday, 6:30-7:30p / Online
We’re back livestreaming from Contemporary Calgary for our fifth Artist Talk! This time, we’re chatting with Sarah Houle-Lowry, Bacon, and Moe Dawg. Pretty crazy to have all these icons in one room – don’t miss this one 📡
- 🏃💨🖼️ Run the Murals w/ Lululemon and YYCRunCrew – Thursday, 6:00-7:30pm / lululemon @ 4 Street Southwest
Join lululemon x BUMP on Thursday August 26th at 6pm as we hit the Beltline streets for a 4km guided mural run led by BUMP experts and 4th St run ambassador, Teal Gove. All levels are welcome. We’ll be moving through the route as a group with pacers to keep us moving as one.
Click here for more info. Registration is by donation, and required. Space is limited – don’t miss out!
We’ve got more Bands in the Park coming this weekend!
- 🐪🆙 BUMP UP! w/ Table Mannerz + Drifting Dubs @ Bacon’s Wall (behind Last Best Brewing, 607 11 Ave SW) – Friday, 6-9pm
We’ve got Table Mannerz, Drifting Dubs and Bacon joining forces for a uniquely epic BUMP UP! Watch this Canadian graff icon do what he does best as two local favorites provide the soundtrack for one of our last hurrahs of the summer 🎼🥳
- 🐪🆙 BUMP UP! w/ Shannon Hart + LUUM @ Moe Dawg’s Wall (Four20, 640 10 Ave SW) – Saturday, 1:30-5pm
Notorious Western Canadian writer Moe Dawg is jazzing up Four20 to the sounds of Shannon Hart and LUUM this Saturday! Warm housey vibes guaranteed on one of the last weekends of the summer. 🌞😎
Molly Fi is one of our two DJs playing the Greenview Block Party this weekend!
- 🏙️🎉 The Greenview Block Party! (Citizen Brewing Company, 227 35 Ave NE) – Sunday, 1-5pm
In partnership with Greenview Industrial (with whom we also partnered to bring you CONZ’s wall), we’re throwing a block party! Molly Fi and YUNG NINO are bringing the tunes from 1-5pm, CONZ will be doing an exclusive artist talk at 2:30pm, and Greenview’s queued up some bands; a beer garden, a street market, and more!
- 🏞️🎸 Bands in the Park w/ The Moonsnakes, Krill Williams and the Ashley Hundred @ Central Memorial Park – Sunday, 2-5pm
What better way to wrap up a month of outdoor reveling + art than with an afternoon of folksy psychedelia? Let the warm waves of local legends The Moonsnakes, Krill Williams and the Ashley Hundred wash over you as we soundtrack the final afternoon of August.
Nathan Meguinis poses in front of his piece, “Traveling Family.”
There’s more music and art than ever before this week! It’s your last chance to catch cutting-edge programming and world-class murals before we wrap up this year.
Stay In The Loop:
It’s our last week, and we’re not wasting another minute! Be sure to follow us on social media (@YYCBUMP), check out our full festival schedule, and take a look at our updated 2021 Mural Map. Come see what we’ve been up to all summer – good times guaranteed. See you there 🎉
– The BUMP Team
In the spirit of respect, reciprocity and truth:
BUMP honours and acknowledges the land of Moh’kins’tsis. We honour and acknowledge the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Blackfoot confederacy (including the Siksika, Kainai, Piikani First Nations), as well as the Îyâxe (Stoney) Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations), and Tsuut’ina First Nation.
We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3 within the historical Northwest Métis homeland.
Finally, we acknowledge all Nations – Indigenous and non – who live, work and play on this land, and who honour and celebrate this territory.