12 Nov UPDATED: Job Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Manager
Join BUMP in Transforming Calgary
Updated to full-time position. See details below.
Application deadline extended to Wednesday, December 8, 2021.
The Beltline Urban Murals Project (BUMP) is an award-winning community driven initiative transforming the centre of Calgary, Alberta into an expansive open air art gallery with over 100 murals by local, national and international artists since 2017. Led by the Beltline Neighbourhoods Association (BNA), the project celebrates the diversity, talent and vibrant character of the city through works of art that are thought-provoking, whimsical, awe-inspiring, creative and powerful. In 2021, BUMP commissioned 60+ new murals across 8 different neighbourhoods and hosted 20+ music events during our month-long BUMP Festival.
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association also operates the historic McHugh House Community & Arts Hub at 17th Avenue and Centre Street S, home to CJSW all-ages music programming; hosts the annual Beltline Bonspiel at Lougheed House each February; and publishes The Beltlandian neighbourhood zine.
The Beltline Neighbourhoods Association (BNA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team for the Beltline Urban Murals Project (BUMP).
The successful candidate will work with the BUMP Core Team and BNA Board of Directors to market and promote the BUMP Festival across our online and print platforms. This role will be responsible for furthering BUMP’s upward momentum by planning and executing strategies that increase public awareness of BUMP projects and events, expand our reach, and ensure the Festival and all involved are represented authentically online.
The BUMP Marketing and Communication Manager will work collaboratively with the BUMP Core Team and BNA Board of Directors to:
- Develop and execute a social media strategy and campaign to enhance online viewership and increase engagement with the BUMP Festival
- Oversee content creation, updates and administration of the BUMP website, social media channels, newsletters and printed materials
- Plan, manage, and execute the presentation of the 2021 BUMP Festival, with a focus on maximizing accessibility while the Festival adheres to AHS public health guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic
- Assist in fund development, securing grants, sponsorships and donations
- Collaborate with BUMP third party creative agencies and photographers
- Maintain media management database and archive for all BUMP photo and video assets
- Support news media outreach and engagement
- Participate in the recruiting, training, and management of BUMP summer staff and volunteers
- Work collaboratively within the BUMP Team to problem solve and ensure success of the Festival
- Commit to ongoing education in the realms of truth and reconciliation, equity, inclusion, anti-racism and anti-oppression and integrate such learning into all aspects of BUMP
Experience and Competencies
We are seeking highly motivated professionals who are passionate about community building and the arts in Calgary. The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience creating and executing successful social media campaigns
- Experience publishing website content and updates (WordPress experience is an asset)
- Adept in problem solving
- Strong leadership skills with experience in hiring practices as well as leading a team
- Ability to process and interpret critical feedback into work
- Ability to approach challenges and complexities with grace and positivity
- Experience in graphic design, photography and videography is an asset
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and effectively manage priorities
- Personal transportation (bike or car) is an asset
An Empowering Work Environment
BUMP is operated by a small but mighty, close knit team of art enthusiasts and advocates who are always ready to roll up our sleeves to make things happen. We value and expect respectful communication, different perspectives and experiences, collaboration to achieve goals and a team environment where many hands make strong work. We get together when solving problems and share in the celebration of our team’s successes.
Our headquarters are located at the historic McHugh House Community and Arts Hub centrally located at the heart of the city on the corner of 17 Avenue and Centre Street S. Along with plenty of office space, we offer the opportunity for hybrid work from home or around town through a fully cloud-based environment.
We are offering a starting wage of $25/hour with 4% vacation.
This is a contract position from January 10th 2022 to October 14th 2022 with potential for further extension.
Hours will be part-time (24hrs/wk) January-April and increase to full-time (40hrs/wk) in May with a return to part-time in October. Announced November 30th, we are now able to offer FULL TIME (30 – 45) hours for this position January through to October.
Core work hours are business hours Monday-Friday, with occasional weeknight meetings with the volunteer Board of Directors. During the BUMP Festival and at other events hosted by the BNA, some weekend availability will be required.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 5pm MST on NEW deadline to apply: Wednesday December 8th, 2021 before 5pm MST. Preferred format: Single PDF document less than 10MB. Friday, December 3rd, 2021.
BUMP Honours the Land of Moh’kins’tsis
BUMP is committed to seeking truth and reconciliation. Our values are centered around community, diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism and anti-oppression. We strongly invite and encourage all members of Indigenous and racialized communities, people with disabilities, LGBTQIAS+ and women to apply.
In the spirit of respect, reciprocity and truth, BUMP honours and acknowledges the Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Blackfoot Confederacy (including the Siksika, Kainai, Piikani First Nations), as well as the Îyâxe (Stoney) Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations), an Tsuut’ina First Nation.